The Ministry of Health and Wellness on Friday (August 21) said that it had temporarily suspended operations at its New Kingston building after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
Despite the closure, the Ministry’s Health Emergency Operation Centre, which has been managing the national response to COVID-19 will continue to operate and functionaries will work remotely and/or work from the Centre as required.
The suspension of operation will allow for a sanitization exercise in the building.
The ministry said that contact tracing had already commenced and interviews will be conducted as well as testing for necessary team members .
The office building will re-open for normal operation on Monday, August 24, 2020.