Press "Enter" to skip to content

St Ann boy dies after eating meal believed to be poisoned, others hospitalized

Police have launched an investigation into a suspected case of food poisoning after a group including three children fell ill, after eating a meal at a church construction site in St Ann.

Reports are that on Saturday (January 23) four adults and three children became ill and were taken to hospital shortly after consuming a meal at the site.

One of the children who consumed the meal, 10 -year-old Richard Emmanuel of a Discovery Bay address was admitted to hospital in serious condition, but later died on Tuesday.

Investigators attached to the case note that the samples have been collected from the location where the food was prepared and the person who prepared the meal questioned.

An eight-year-old child remains hospitalized.

Facebook Comments