PriceSmart announced that it will no longer be allowing customers to return certain items, following news that two of its employees had tested positive for COVID-19.
In a statement on Wednesday (February 24) the membership shopping only club, located on Red Hills road, announced that two of its employees had been diagnosed with COVID-19.
According to PriceSmart, the two staff members are in isolation and receiving ” good medical care”.
The retail organization also used the occasion to share that they had put in effect new measures in store to limit the spread of the virus in light of the uptick in new infections.
PriceSmart shared that it would not be accepting returns on the following items.
- Sanitizing wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Disinfectant clean
The entity also encouraged customers to take the following actions:
- If possible,avoid bringing children to the club.
- If possible, avoid cash payment. Consider the use of contactless credit cards.
- If possible, please keep a 1-meter distance from other members and club employees while shopping.
- If possible, only one family member should access the club, allowing for more members to shop.
- In some clubs, we are expanding hours of operation to accommodate extended shopping. In other clubs, we may reduce hours of shopping to comply with local regulations