New dad and sprint mega-star Usain Bolt turns 34 today!
To celebrate the world’s fastest man- yup he’s still the king of the track – The Den is sharing ten facts about Usain Bolt.
1.Bolt hail’s from the parish of Trelawny.
2. He’s one of the tallest sprinters. Bolt stands at an impressive 6’5″ and weighs 207 pounds.
3. Bolt’s been retired for about three-years now, he retired from athletics after the 2017 world championships.
4. He originally wanted to be a cricketer.
5. Bolt in 2008 became the first man since American Carl Lewis in 1984 to win the 100 metres, 200 metres, and 4 × 100-metre relay in a single Olympics and the first ever to set world records (9.69 sec, 19.30 sec, and 37.10 sec, respectively) in all three events.
6. In 2010, he released his memoirs entitled, “My Story: 9:58: The World’s Fastest Man” written with Shaun Custis.
7. In his autobiography, Bolt reveals that he suffered from scoliosis, though it has not affected his running.
8. He likes McDonald’s. In 2008, he is reported to have eaten chicken nuggets before winning gold at the 2008 Olympics.
9. He can run as fast as 23.7 mph!
10. Bolts’ famous ‘To Di World’ pose which he debuted during the Beijing Olympics 2008 was renamed the ‘Bolting’.